Study skills are an ordered set of actions taken to achieve students to understand and remember concepts, principles or facts permanently. After observing the way to study of students who get good academic results, the most effective strategies have been establish. Regular use of these strategies allow students to get more experienced in their intellectual resources and therefore, improve their academic performance.
The study is an essential learning strategy within the educational process of children. Far form going out of style, is it a necessary activity to complement other learning activities such as project development, exchange and contrasting opinions or making implementation of activities.
- To relate the new with the integrated knowledge and to remember it in the right time, ie, understand and memorize it permanently.
- Study techniques are part of the learning strategies that can be grouped into three groups: organizational strategies, strategies of class work and study and memorization of information.
- Organizational strategies contribute to make the things you have to make an orderly and effective.
- The class work strategies are those that make their class work more useful.
- Study techniques and memorization of information is to understand and remember concepts, principles or made permanently.
- As with other learning strategies, some children and adolescents need specific training of these techniques to improve their effectiveness as students. Others, however, do so alone.
- Study techniques can not be learned as an isolated learning, but their training is conducted in accordance with the technical guidance set forth below, as they study classroom content.
Studying is a process that requires four stages:
- Understanding of the text.
- Selection and organization of concepts, so that the amount of information is smaller and thus easier to learn.
- Memorization of key concepts.
- Evocation of the study.
Improve your reading speed
To increase reading speed have to start from the basics of what is read. As we read our eyes are moving base jumping or attachments that are grouped in one or more words. Therefore, to increase the speed we have to claim the minimum number of fasteners on each line to potential well in a single clamping cover the largest possible number of words.
ACLS Certifications Aclscertificationsonline.com offers ACLS certification courses featuring updated content based on the 2010 guidelines. Earn your ACLS certification online today.